Friday, March 23, 2007

More Than Just An Inconvenient Truth

I just watched "An Inconvenient Truth" last night. Like many others who have seen it, when it ended I felt angry, concerned, empowered and motivated. But I also felt sorry. I know it's been said many times, but it is the truth. If the Al Gore who eats up the cameras and issues on this screen, had been the same guy squaring off against the current moron in the White House, we would be living in a very different world. It saddens me, that if not for two stolen elections, the world might be a safer, healthier place to live.

The Republicans and the wealth blinded conservatives can throw all the sticks and stones they like. They can play the fear card, though all intelligent people know and agree we live in a much more dangerous world now thanks to President Pinhead than before he usurped the oval office. Al Gore would have been the man of the moment had we seen the real Al Gore, not the stuffed suit the DNC felt they needed to appease the "Fence Sitters".

Well the Birds have come home to roost. All of the talk of where the Ground Zero Memorial should be and what it should look like will all be for naught, if Greenland’s ice shelf breaks off, as most of lower Manhattan, as well as my house in Brooklyn, will be under water.

Tourists can look at Ground Zero through a glass bottom boat.

Al Gore for President 2008

2 comments:

TJ said...

I was late too and just watched it a couple of weeks ago. I'm still wading through the opposing views but it's alarming to say the least.

You should look into the argument of "depopulation"...pretty interesting.

Critical Darling said...

I'm in a really terrible position in that my family all have completely different political views from myself. That includes a stupid disbelief in climate change. To me, being an anthropologist/archaeologist, and this having much to do with geology, ecology and change, it's overwhelmingly obvious that it is indeed happening. It's amazing to me that the people who like to call Al Gore a fear-mongerer and hippy and whatever else, have never seen the film. It's also amazing to me that these same idiots rely on fucking economists for their take on ecology and climate change. Way to go guys!